Interfaith Philadelphia Donor Spotlight: Meet Marilyn Berberich

Marilyn Berberich with student

Marilyn Berberich
is a long-time friend and mentor with Interfaith Philadelphia. After serving as a Walking the Walk™ Youth Initiative mentor, Marilyn went on to be a Walking the Walk group leader for 8 years! Today, Marilyn developed and is running our first-ever Interfaith Book Trail, a pilot program for elementary school youth in Southern Delaware County to explore different religious and faith communities. Marilyn is also an UPLIFTer as part of Interfaith Philadelphia’s monthly giving program. We are so grateful for Marilyn who has played such a significant role in making Interfaith Philadelphia what it is today! Read on to see what Marilyn says about why she is a part of our organization!

Interfaith Philadelphia has connected me to beautiful and welcoming faith communities, new experiences, and amazing people I may never have encountered on any other path. I keep my Passport to Understanding on my desk where it greets me every day and reminds me that being curious, venturing out, welcoming in, standing tall, and standing with all point me toward understanding and appreciating my neighbors.

I love it when my travels take me past a church, a mosque, a synagogue, or a gurdwara that I have stepped inside… what a joy to dip into memories of hospitality and friendship I experienced on the other side of the door. Thank you for the many ways you have discovered to build bridges and open hearts and minds, Interfaith Philadelphia!

Click here to support our work

Become an Interfaith Philadelphia UPLIFTer

Read the related article: New Eyes: The Gift of Being a Walking the Walk Group Leader by Marilyn Berberich

To inquire about volunteer opportunities email Sara Zebovitz at ssz@interfaithphiladelphia.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Offering Support, Resources and Navigating Conversations in Time of Conflict

10 Tips for Interfaith Dialogue

Walking the Walk Memories